I was new to swimming during the pandemic having lessons in a pool.
So here is my story ….
By Deborah Scott
The winter swim challenge gave me a focus to carry on swimming through the winter. I’ve not missed a week swimming since July 2021. I swam twice a week through the winter.
When I’m open water swimming it’s my quiet head time. No head noise, no chatter just me and the water. I love the electric charge feeling on my face when the cold winter water hits it….the feeling of rejuvenation, feeling alive, nerve endings during is magical. It may take a while to warm up afterwards. I soon found wrapping my clothes in a hot water bottle and a flask of hot coffee did the trick just fine.
- Wrap your clothes in a hot water bottle especially socks
- If you wear a swim cap put in on before you leave for your swim and put bobble hat over….your head will stay nice and warm when your changing helps to keep your body heat up.
- Take flask with hot fluids(hot chocolate seems to warm you up quicker)
- Listen to your body when swimming …don’t push for times or distances….doing it is enough.
- Take deep breaths regulate your breathing relax into the water.
What Her Spirit as given to me: Encouragement that I can achieve my goal
- A sense of belonging
- A sense of pride in myself.
- It’s given me the confidence to do things I never thought I could achieve.
- I love the posts from others, they inspires me to be a better version of myself.
- Women are strong…together we’re even stronger… Her Spirit has validated that for me.
Thank you so very much for being there for us all xx💞and thank you for all the challenges they are inspiring.
Sign up for the Winter Swim Challenge
Find out more about Her Spirit – Find our more
Tune into Her Spirit TV